Looking for Testers!

General info about recent developments
Jeffrey

Looking for Testers!

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:33 am

Hi all,

As we are finishing up towards a playable demo in the (hopefully) near future we are looking for people to test our first game with the working title: 'Flight #1857 to Kaluga Cluster'

What to expect:

BUGS and more bugs!
FPS environment
SF Setting with a rich back ground story
Many unforeseen events and crashes

What we are looking for:

People with a mature view and understanding of a game development trajectory.
Willing to give first hand experience of a game in the first stages of development.

Please reply on this forum post for signing up and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me either here or through a PM.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey a.k.a.
Wrench Crowbar

kodywolf

Re: Looking for Testers!

Post by kodywolf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I just saw Ridge Batty's advertisement for help, and I can help be a tester.

I've been a gamer for over 2 decades, a programmer for about 10+ and have beta tested several games.
(Honestly - I don't like alpha testing if you have too many bugs - an especially if it crashes my system a lot)
~Kody

Ridge Batty
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Testers!

Post by Ridge Batty » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks for your feedback Kody, much appreciated!

We're indeed looking for a tester who understands indie developement and is ready to give his/her time with no guarantee of economic compensation. He/she must have a passion for developing games. Futhermore, the position isn't even about alpha testing.

I'll elaborate for future reference:

The "tester" will work as a full team member, verifying and analyzing new iterations of code and game systems right after they are created. Note that I indeed mean created, not completed. This is a process which starts at the beginning of production. Not when the product is basically ready for release, like it should be in the case of alpha/beta testing.

As a dev team member, the tester will have a lot to say about the development and can affect the course we take.

I hope this clarifies what we're looking for.